How are you eating overnight oats? Simply eat the traditional way of soaking with milk, yogurt or a combination of the two overnight? No matter what type, you are already losing too much because there are many new and creative ways to eat for you to change the wind. Today, heresreview will share about recipes for overnight oats dessert that you may not have heard before, stay tuned!
Reasons you should try overnight oats dessert
Overnight Oats improve digestion
When you soak the oats overnight, it’s practically similar to you’re cooking them, but the process is much longer and slower. Overnight oats are made easily without heat. Soaking helps the starch in the oats to break down and reduce the natural phytic acid content. This can assist your body with processing the supplements of for the time being oats significantly more effectively than plain cooked oats.
The amount of resistant starch will increase when soaking oats overnight
Resistant starch is found in all starchy foods, but it seems to be in higher levels when these foods are cold-processed instead of cooked.Safe starch is a characteristic carb and further develops processing, help in weight reduction, increment satiety, and diminish insulin spikes related with eating hot dull food sources.
Overnight oats are versatile
Overnight oats are not tied to a certain recipe, so they make good use of available ingredients. You can use almond milk, Greek yogurt, soy milk, or even cow’s milk if you want. Sweeteners can range from honey, stevia to maple syrup and more. Sugars can go from honey, stevia to maple syrup and then some. You can then add chia seeds, flaxseeds, ground coconut, nuts and nut spreads, bananas, new leafy foods cinnamon, cocoa, protein powder or matcha to your overnight oats blend.
Overnight oats save time and money
The elements of overnight oats are modest, however they additionally keep you full for longer, so you can eat less over the course of the day
. Moreover, the price of oats on the market today is very cheap, making them ideal for people with restricted finances. Furthermore, preparing your overnight oat recipes before bed can take under 5 minutes, and when you get up toward the beginning of the day, they’re prepared with no cooking. Canning to take to work for lunch is likewise not a problem.
5 New Ways to Transform Overnight Oats Dessert
Tiramisu Overnight Oat dessert
- Rolled oats: 40 gram
- Fresh milk without sugar: 40ml
- Greek yogurt: 40 gram
- Honey: 15 gram
- Layer: 150g Greek yogurt (liquid)
- Topping: coffee powder/ cocoa, fruits, nuts, etc
– Make coffee sachets.
– Mix all ingredients (except layers and toppings) together until well blended. Pour the mixture into the bottom of the cup, then pour a layer of liquid Greek yogurt over it and continue until it’s all gone.
– Leave the cup of oats in the refrigerator overnight.
– Finally, you spread a layer of cocoa powder on the surface of the cake and decorate, topping on the fruit as you like.
So we finished the eat clean Tiramisu cake – a healthy version cake
Overnight Oats dessert with Cocoa
- Rolled oats: 40 gram
- Fresh milk: 160ml
- Chia seeds (optional): 15 gram
- Honey: 15 gram
- Coffee/cocoa powder: 15-30 gram
- Filling: 50g low-sugar yogurt
- Topping: 50g of low-sugar yogurt, cocoa powder, grated chocolate, fruits, nuts, etc
- Put all ingredients (except filling and topping) on the stove over medium heat. Stir continuously until the oat mixture thickens, then turn off the heat.
- Shape the mixture with a bowl, use a spoon to create the center of the cup and then add the yogurt filling and cover the last layer of oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix with yogurt and top with oats. Sprinkle it with cocoa powder and grated chocolate and enjoy.
Mashed fruit Overnight oats dessert
- Rolled oats: 50 gram
- Fresh milk: 100ml
- 3 packs of diet sugar
- Honey: 15 gram
- 50-100g of fruit puree (or puree first on a pan): mango, banana, dragon fruit, kiwi, strawberry.. optional
- A pinch of cinnamon powder (optional)
- Filling: 50g low-sugar yogurt and 2 pieces of pureed laughing cow cheese.
- Topping: chopped fruit, chocolate, and low-sugar yogurt.
- Place all ingredients (except filling and topping) in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. When the mixture thickens and has a fruity color, turn off the heat.
- Line the bowl with cling film to prevent sticking. Spread the cooked oat mixture on the sides of the bowl and leave the middle for the yogurt and cheese filling.
- Put the rest of the oats on top and cover the mixture. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Finally, add toppings to enjoy.
Matcha Overnight Oats dessert
- Rolled oats: 40 – 50 gram
- Fresh milk or nut milk of your choice: 150ml
- Honey: 10 gram
- Matcha powder: 3 gram
- Filling: 30g low-sugar yogurt
- Topping: 30g low-sugar yogurt, pistachios
- Put all ingredients (except filling & topping) on the stove over medium heat. Stir continuously until the oat mixture thickens, then turn off the heat.
- Shape the mixture with a bowl, use a spoon to create the center, then put the yogurt filling in the middle, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cover with yogurt and sprinkle pistachios over the oats and enjoy.
Overnight Oatmeal Mango with Peanut Butter
- 40g rolled oats
- 120ml nut milk/fresh of your choice
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 15g honey
- Topping: 25g low-sugar yogurt stirred with 1 tablespoon peanut butter, one sliced ripe mango cheek, some chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients (except yogurt) and bring to a boil in a pan until the mixture thickens, then turn off the heat and add yogurt and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Add topping and enjoy.
Can expired Oats be used?
Fish, meat, vegetables, canned foods all have a shelf life printed on the package. Oats are no exception. But can you use expired oats or should throw away like other foods? The answer will surely surprise you with this nutritious food.
The essence of oats?
Oats are one of the healthiest whole grains on earth. They are best grown in temperate regions mainly in Europe, especially in North America. Oats are annuals that can be planted in the fall (late summer harvest) or spring (early fall harvest).
This is a good source of fiber, especially beta glucan, and is rich in vitamins and minerals. Because oats contain more protein and fat than many other grains, they are also known as the “Queen of grains”.
Can expired oats be used?
Every food item, including oats, has an expiration date printed on the package. The oats are deemed expired beyond this date. That does not, however, imply that they are no longer edible. The expiration date mentioned on the package is actually the time during which the oats will be delicious and of the highest quality if consumed. After this time, if the visual inspection reveals that they are in good condition and have no flavor issues, you can safely use the expired oats.
To put it simply, oats are a grain, practically like rice. So have you ever seen expired rice that is not edible? Remember that unless they have problems like mold, the rest, even if the rice is infected, can still be washed and cooked normally.
Therefore, if your oats have a problem with weevils in addition to the expiration date, don’t worry; just use a sieve 1-2 times to remove them or soak the oats in water; weevils will emerge and you will simply get rid of them without much effort.
You can easily identify unusable oats by their senses. Discoloration, mold, or a burning smell are the most obvious telltale signs. So, in addition to the expiration date of oats, be aware of these because eating unhealthy oats will cause many health risks.
How to properly store oats?
Store oats in a cool, dry, and dark place to keep them new longer. Rolled oats have a time span of usability of around one to two years, and instant oats have a more limited timeframe of realistic usability of six to nine months.
For powdered oats, you don’t need to get it, when you want it, you can utilize moved oats to crush straightforwardly, which is significantly more advantageous without dealing with 2 or 3 kinds.
Note when eating processed oats
Cooked oats are a perishable food, so keep them covered and refrigerated within 2 hours of being prepared or consumed within 4 hours. It’s best to reheat leftovers before eating. Overnight oats should be eaten within about 2 days to limit the risk of cross-contamination in the refrigerator. However, if you store overnight oatsmproperly in an airtight container and not stored with raw foods, a whole week will be fine, which will save time.
Thank you for visiting heresreview, hopefully, readers have been provided with useful information and follow the website to explore more information about health.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.9/ 5 ( 215 votes )