The scent of roses soothes the heart and has many lovely benefits for your skin.
Choosing Your Roses
For this project, it’s important to use the most fragrant, fresh from the garden roses you can find.
A Garden is a Sacred Place
Always, always stop to smell the roses!
This homemade rosewater recipe makes a heavenly flower nectar fit for a Goddess!
DIY Old Fashioned Rosewater Recipe
- Place the rose petals in a glass or enamel pot, pour in distilled water to just cover.
- Heat until water is scalding but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, let soak for at least an hour.
- Strain in tea towel or cheesecloth, squeezing out the petals.
- Store in a sterilized glass jar or bottle in your refrigerator and use within a week. You can reuse one of our toner bottles or these glass mister bottles work great too.
Your rosewater will take on the color and the divine scent of the petals! If you see droplets of essential oil floating on the surface, lucky you!
Cooking with Rosewater
Post image and recipe excerpted from 100 Organic Skincare Recipes written by our founder Jessica Ress. Banner photo is by Briena Sash.