Currently, there are many measures to help fade freckles, improve pigmentation and repair skin. If you find the right treatment, your skin will soon recover. However, many people still do not have complete knowledge about this skin pigmentation disorder. In this blog, heresreview will provide complete information about freckles, especially the best solution to overcome this situation. We will know how to treat freckles in the most effective and safest way!
What are the symptoms of freckles and are they dangerous?
Freckles have long been a hot topic of discussion among sisters because of their impact on aesthetics. The skin with different dark brown spots makes women confident and uncomfortable in front of the opposite person. Freckles are patches of excess color or hyperpigmentation under your skin. Freckles appear partly due to genetic factors. They usually appear during childhood and you may continue to have more until you are 20 years old.
Characterized by small, dark brown or light brown spots appearing on open skin. People with fair skin or red hair are more likely to have freckles, especially on the face.
– Freckles are small brown spots on the skin, often appearing in areas of the skin exposed to a lot of sunlight, in which freckles on the face are the most concerned form.
– In most cases, freckles are harmless. However, the appearance of small spots on the skin will affect the psychology and appearance, causing people to appear inferior and afraid to communicate with others.
– They form because the skin produces too much melanin, the cause of skin and hair color. In general, freckles come from stimulated ultraviolet (UV) radiation. This is a phenomenon that occurs in all subjects, but the rate is higher in women than in men.
– This condition has early onset, possibly between the ages of 2 and 3 or during puberty. Typical features of freckles are round spots of light to dark brown color, concentrated or scattered on the body. Common floating areas are on hands, cheekbones, neck, back. Therefore, when you have freckles, you should take step to get rid of your freckles by taking the initiative to visit the doctor early to be provided with the most appropriate and effective treatment regimen.
There are two types of freckles:
These two types of freckles may look similar, are both flat nodules, but differ in growth and some of the following characteristics:
- Inherited in families.
- The first appears when you are about 2-3 years old, usually after you come back from the sun.
- Usually on your arms, chest, face, and neck. In particular, they appear more on the face.
- May be red, dark brown or light brown
- May disappear as you get older
- May fade in winter and if it’s hot it will be darker and more intense.
- Usually about 1-2 mm in size, can sometimes be larger
- There are irregular contours that are not clearly defined
Solar lentigines (age spots, sunspots)
- Appears as you age and is usually seen in people 50 years of age and older
- It can appear anywhere on the body that is exposed to the sun, including areas such as the back, chest, face, forearms, hands, and legs.
- Does not fade or disappear over time
- May range in color from light yellow to dark brown
- Appears due to sun exposure and skin aging
- There are clear boundaries.
Freckles are usually benign, and do not require medical attention. However, you should see a dermatologist in the following cases:
- Has a serrated border.
- Painful for you.
- More than 6mm in diameter.
- Rash on the skin surface.
- There are dark patches or different colors.
- Begin to grow or change size or color.
- Subjects prone to freckles are people with fair, thin skin or a relative with a dermatological disease related to an increase in melanin pigment.
Highest concentration locations of brown spots
Forehead:: Areas exposed to direct sunlight are prone to hyperpigmentation of melanin and cause melasma and freckles.
Cheeks: Thin skin, easily damaged by external agents such as sunlight, dust, etc.
Chin: Accumulation, accumulation of melanin, can cause dermatological problems when conditions are favorable.
Causes and risk factors for facial freckles
Before know how to treat freckles, we will see through some causes that lead to facial freckles
Some scientists believe that freckles are the result of a combination of the natural environment and genetic factors. The sun’s harmful rays can make your freckles appear darker and easier to see. This is more likely if you have light skin. In addition, overexposure to the sun can also cause your skin to darken, tan, and burn.
There are two types of melanin: Pheomelanin and eumelanin.
People with pheomelanin-producing skin are not protected from UV radiation and tend to possess:
- Red or blonde hair,
- Light skin,
- Skin is less firm.
People with more eumelanin tend to be protected from UV damage and often have the following characteristics:
- Brown or black hair,
- dark skin,
- firm skin,
- Age spot.
As for age spots, the French study also found a number of different factors that increase the likelihood of them appearing, including:
- Dark skin,
- Freckle history,
- Too much exposure to the sun,
- Use hormone therapies, such as birth control pills.
Other predisposing factors include
∑ Deficiency of the physiological hormone estrogen:
Hormones will control the amount of melanocyte stimulating hormone (MSH) – the hormone that stimulates the production of melanin pigment under the skin. If this hormone deficiency, MSH is disturbed and leads to the formation of freckles.
∑ Direct exposure to the sun:
The sun contains UVA and UVB rays that can stimulate the accumulation of melanin. Therefore, when exposed to sunlight, freckles not only form but also develop to a severe extent.
∑ Excessive use of cosmetics:
Some cosmetics contain strong chemicals, especially corticosteroids that can destroy skin cells.
According to research, people with freckles all have a dominant gene for Melanocortin 1 receptor. This gene is common in white subjects. It has the ability to stimulate the overproduction of the pigment melanin causing the skin to form small spots. Therefore, very few black or yellow people experience this condition.
Besides, freckles are also caused by improper diet. For example, using spicy foods, psychological stress, side effects of drugs, etc.
How to treat freckles – Method of getting rid of them
There are several safe and effective methods for fading and reducing the appearance of freckles. One or more combined methods can be used for best results.
Bleaching and lightening cream
- Products that typically include hydroquinone and kojic acid can be purchased with or without a prescription depending on the strength of the drug, if hydroquinone above 2% requires a prescription.
- These products help fade freckles, but must be used over a long period of months.
How to treat freckles by retinoids
- Can be used alone or in combination with a bleaching cream, tretinoin (Vit A acid), perhaps also helps fade freckles when used over a long period of many months.
Cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen
- The effect is not radical: Mainly affecting the dark areas on the surface of the skin, the part of melanin (the cause of freckles) deep inside the skin is still there, freckles can recur at any time.
- Easy to cause skin irritation: For people with sensitive skin, when treated with this method, there will be reactions such as redness, burning pain.
- Not safe for women after giving birth: Postpartum women, the body and skin are still very sensitive, the use of chemical technology can affect health (especially in the case of breastfeeding).
IPL laser treatment
- Normal skin does not absorb the laser energy and therefore will not be damaged. However, multiple treatments are required, spaced about 4 weeks or more apart.
- It is considered an effective measure in treating melasma, but it needs to be done at reputable dermatological facilities, but it cannot have a divine effect like the advertisement “when you peel your face once, melasma will follow”. Because it is a deep peel, it will definitely leave a scar.
According to experience, it is very important to avoid the sun and use sunscreen properly, even with this method alone, it can significantly reduce freckles.
How to treat freckles at home – TOP 05+ Effective way to fade freckles with natural ingredients
– There are many ways to treat freckles at your home such as using freckle-remedies, supplementing with good food for the skin, from nature with easy-to-find ingredients or using oral tablets containing precious essences,… However, which method is effective depends on the level of freckles appearing on the face.
– You can go to a reputable specialist facility to apply freckle treatment with modern cosmetic technology. However, before that, women can apply very simple home remedies for freckles to save money and still be effective.
How to treat freckles naturally from honey
With anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, vitamins and minerals active ingredients, honey, it can treat freckles and promote the regeneration of new skin cells.
How to do:
- Put 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of unsweetened yogurt in a bowl, mix well.
- Apply that mixture on the freckled skin.
- Wait about 20-25 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Do 2-3 times a week to feel the change of skin!
In addition to combining with turmeric and yogurt, a mixture of honey and lemon juice can also help fade freckles on the skin.
How to treat freckles at home with turmeric and yogurt
Turmeric is a rich source of Curcumin – an active ingredient that helps inhibit the production of Melanin, thereby fading dark spots and freckles on the skin. In particular, yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, making skin brighter.
We can do it with the following steps:
- Mix turmeric powder with unsweetened yogurt in the ratio 1:2.
- Then apply the mixture on the skin, wait for about 15 minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
- I persist in doing it 2-3 times a week to see a noticeable change.
Before applying to your face, you should apply a little on your hands to see if you have an allergic reaction!
Tips to get rid of freckles for a long time with ginger
Ginger helps to detoxify, eliminate cold, and enhance blood circulation in the body. Therefore, according to traditional medicine, ginger can remove all freckles caused by hormonal disorders.
In addition, using ginger essential oil applied to the skin also helps stimulate collagen to increase naturally, helping the skin to be shiny and youthful.
We can do this with the following steps:
- Use 1 fresh ginger, cut into small pieces, to put in a clean bowl.
- Wash your face with warm water to help open the hair follicles.
- Take fresh ginger and apply it directly to the skin with melasma for about 10 minutes, then remove it.
When applying fresh ginger to the skin, it can cause burning, itching, etc. For people with sensitive and easily irritated skin, DO NOT apply this freckle removal method.
How to treat freckles with potato mask
One of the natural ways to treat freckles shared by many women is to use potatoes to cover the face. This is not only a familiar and easy-to-find ingredient, but also has a relatively low cost.
How to do:
- We just need to steam ½ potato and then mash it with a little lemon juice or fresh milk.
- Apply the mixture on the skin and massage evenly all over the face, then wash your face with clean water.
- It is necessary to apply a face mask 2-3 times a week, the freckles will disappear.
Note: If you do it with lemon, you should protect it from the sun more carefully, because lemon’s high acidity makes the skin thin and when exposed to the sun will cause more serious skin damage.
Tips to remove freckles with aloe vera
Aloe vera or aloe vera is a material containing an abundant amount of water with outstanding moisturizing ability, providing an adequate amount of water for healthy skin.
With freckles, aloe vera contains many vitamins (A, B, C, E) and some minerals such as sodium, zinc, etc., which inhibit the growth of melanin and participate in the formation of collagen. . Besides, aloe vera also has the effect of soothing the skin as well as limiting the influence of the sun.
Steps to make the mixture:
- Prepare 1 sprig of aloe vera and 2 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Aloe vera filters the white flesh, then puree, mixing well with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Clean your face, then apply the mixture on the skin, massage gently.
- Relax for 15-20 minutes then rinse with cool water.
- Do this 2-3 times a week for best results.
Aloe vera can also be combined with other ingredients such as: honey, unsweetened yogurt, rice water, etc. to improve brown spots, improve your skin faster.
Thank you for visiting heresreview, hopefully, readers have been provided with useful information and follow the website to explore more information about beauty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.7/ 5 (203 votes)