Pitted scars are always a great obsession after every acne treatment, this is also the reason why the skin is less smooth and also makes you more self-conscious every time you go out. And then Tretinoin appeared as one of the substances that helped improve the problem of scars after acne extremely effectively. So does Tretinoin treat acne scars? How does this active ingredient work? Today heresreview will answer these questions and share how to treat pitted scars after acne with Tretinoin right below!
What is Tretinoin?
Vitamin A derivative retinol has undergone acidification. Tretinoin is NOT a cosmetic that can be applied arbitrarily; it is a Medicine, a dermatological drug. Since Tretinoin is more potent than Retinol while belonging to the same family of retinoids, products containing it frequently have a low concentration.
- Retinol is included in cosmetics in concentrations of 0.01 percent, 0.03 percent, 0.1 percent, and 0.5 percent to 1 percent.
- Tretinoin is present in cosmetics in concentrations of 0.025 percent, 0.05 percent, and 0.1 percent.
You can apply a strong concentration, around 0.05 or 1 for healthy skin. You should start with a low concentration of about 0.025 and then gradually raise it if you have delicate skin or weak skin. If you have a skin issue or have thin skin. After knowing what Tretinoin is, we will find out that does Tretinoin treat acne scars?
See more: How to use Tretinoin for Treating Acne
Pros and Cons of Tretinoin
Tretinoin has a concentration 20 times stronger than Retinol so the possibility of irritation is also higher, often prescribed by doctors and must be coupled with an appropriate skincare routine.
- Use in combination with Azelaic acid to support mild to moderate acne, reduce darkening.
- Use in combination with AHA (Glycolic) to improve pitted scars.
- Use in combination with Hydroquinone to help treat melasma (with guidance).
- In addition, Tretinoin also helps to even skin tone, tighten skin, improve pigmentation, and improve pores.
- May lead to red burns, peeling skin.
- Skin is easily irritated when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Some people who use Tretinoin incorrectly can cause skin to lack water, lack of moisture, causing a condition. more severe acne.
Does Tretinoin treat acne scars? How to treat scars with Tretinoin
Does Tretinoin treat acne scars
Tretinoin is highly recommended by dermatologists for the treatment of pitted scars. With the mechanism of inhibiting the enzymes that hydrolyze collagen in cells, which is collagen laza. Stimulates collagen and elastin production in the dermis to help fill in pitted and concave scars for fuller skin. However, for concave scars that have the same skin color as the surrounding skin, long-term concave scars at this time the use of Tretinoin only has a supportive effect. For definitive treatment, scar removal procedures are required. And growth procedures such as needle roller, non-needle, TCA dot and CO2 laser for pitting scars.
How to treat scars with Tretinoin
As mentioned above, the advantage to improve pitted scars after acne is to combine AHA with Tretinoin, and here are a few notes before doing it:
Target audience: People with pitted scars, especially sharp bottom scars less than 1 year can go away, for people with pitted scars over 1 year or not sharp bottom scars can only improve but can’t be completely gone.
Duration of effect: Must be very persistent to use from 5-6 months or longer 1-2 years to see the effect. If you want to go away quickly, you can only use invasive methods such as needle rollers, fractional lasers, peels, etc.
The first time you use it, you should start with Tretinoin with a low concentration of about 0.025% to 0.05%. Because during use, Tretinoin will cause dry skin and slightly burning. Therefore, you should wash your face and use a moisturizer before applying Tretinoin. After 4-6 weeks, when the skin gets used to Tretinoin, you can skip the moisturizing step. Apply a thin layer each time with a small amount. It is recommended to use every night before going to bed, persistently use it for 6-12 weeks. For skin that needs to be treated for pitted scars, it should be gradually increased to Tretinoin with a high concentration and maintained for a longer time.
Note: Tretinoin scar cream product only works well for newly formed scars, small scar size. For large scars, perennial scars and difficult to treat scars need treatment by specialists.
The detailed steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Wash your face with cleanser (it is recommended to use a gel-based product with a pH of ~ 5-5.5 that both moisturizes and cleans safely).
- Step 2: Toner.
- Step 3: Moisturizer.
- Step 4: Sunscreen (must apply because Tretinoin is easily irritated by the sun).
- Step 1: Remove makeup.
- Step 2: Wash your face wash.
- Step 3: Toner.
- Step 4: Use AHA to dab on the scarred area (use a low concentration first for the skin to get used to and then slowly raise it.
- Step 5: After 5-10 minutes, use 0.05% Tretinoin (who is used to and not irritated can use a larger concentration) dotted on the scarred area.
- Step 6: Use moisturizer for the whole face (after 10-15 minutes or when the skin has absorbed the active ingredients first).
- Discontinue use if signs of irritation or breakouts or redness appear and consult a physician.
- In addition, you should exfoliate your skin once every 2 weeks to better absorb the substances.
Besides Skincare, you must eat in moderation, eat a lot of vegetables, limit coffee, avoid eating foods that interfere with the scar treatment process (red meat, hard shell seafood, egg yolks, fish sauce). Avoid staying up late, take vitamin C tablets orally daily for faster scar treatment.
Does Tretinoin treat acne scars? TOP 03+ Recommended Serum B5 for Treatment
La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum
La Roche Posay Hyalu B5 is designed in the form of a blue glass bottle with a capacity of 30ml that makes us feel like entering an ocean that has the ability to hydrate the skin.
The 3 ingredients that La Roche Posay likes to include are:
- Vitamin B5 (Panthenol): has the effect of restoring, soothing the skin after irritation, healing the wounds after squeezing acne.
- Madecassoside (extract from gotu kola): has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory effects, reduces the formation of wrinkles on the face.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA): prevents water from escaping from the epidermis, limiting water loss and hydrating the skin.
In addition to the typical components mentioned above, there are also other cities such as
- Glycerin, Butylene glycol: hydrates and hydrates the skin.
- PEG-6-Caprylic: anti-aging, limiting wrinkle formation, nourishing skin.
However, in the ingredient list, there are also Alcohol denat, Parfum (fragrance) to help the product penetrate into the skin quickly and create a scent for the product.
- Moisturizes, helps the skin to be hydrated, plump and smooth, thereby limiting the secretion of excess oil that causes clogged pores.
- Skin recovery: improve skin barrier, increase resistance to the environment, reduce inflammation, redness after squeezing acne.
- Gentle anti-aging: helps firm, limit the formation of new wrinkles on the face.
- Helps skin look brighter and more radiant.
After 4 weeks of research on different skin types, La Roche Posay showed:
- 75% of women felt their skin was radiant.
- 71% wrinkles are improved.
- 69% felt skin was restored.
- 75% overall skin is visibly improved.
How to use La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum with Tretinoin
- Clean your face with makeup remover and cleanser. Using toner helps to soothe the skin.
- Apply La Roche Posay Hyalu B5 serum in a spiral, gently for 1.2 minutes to allow the product to fully absorb into the skin.
- Apply a small amount of Tretinoin
- Apply moisturizer
Link to buy.
Timeless Skin Care Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum
Serum Timeless B5 has a liquid, transparent, slightly viscous form, but when applied to the skin, it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. According to user feedback, no one has had any problems with the Timeless B5 Hydration serum.
What are the ingredients in the B5 Timeless serum?
Notice that the composition of the Timeless B5 serum is quite simple but optimized. In fact, it only consists of 2 main ingredients, vitamin B5 and Hyaluronic Acid, along with water and some other ingredients.
- Vitamin B5
Ingredients Vitamin B5 is an essential nutrient for your health and skin. For skin care, this vitamin works to keep the skin soft and healthy. Besides, it also has anti-inflammatory, soothing and stimulating effects in the healing and restoration of the skin.
Moreover, Vitamin B5 is also known as a moisturizer that keeps your skin soft, moist and elastic as well as stimulates skin regeneration.
- Hyaluronic Acid
Next, Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is an important substance commonly found in highly moisturizing cosmetics. Because it has a great moisturizing and hydrating effect. At the same time, stimulates the skin to produce natural collagen, rejuvenating the skin.
Not only that, it also increases elasticity, smoothes wrinkles as well as nourishes skin cells to grow healthier and firmer. Especially against the signs of aging.
- Purified Water
Usually, purified water is used to dilute the product. Thereby, helping the essence to easily penetrate into the skin and give faster effects. In particular, the product is not greasy, shiny or uncomfortable for the face.
- Alcohol benzyl
It can be seen that Benzyl Alcohol is an alcohol that is allowed to be used in cosmetics. Therefore, it is used in product scents, while killing bacteria and fungi. At the same time, it can be used as a solvent to dissolve ingredients to help penetrate the skin faster.
- Serum Timeless B5 is a multi-use serum used to nourish and care for face skin. This serum works to moisturize and replenish nutrients for smooth and soft skin. In addition, it also quickly soothes skin damage and restores damage.
- Another outstanding use is to improve elasticity, smooth wrinkles as well as rejuvenate the skin.
Serum Timeless B5 reverses the signs of aging. As a result, the skin is brighter and more even-toned. In particular, Timeless B5 serum prevents and supports acne treatment.
Who should use Timeless B5 serum?
- Damaged skin after acne need to recover.
- People with skin showing signs of premature aging such as wrinkles, age spots, crow’s feet should also use it.
- Skin being treated with Tretinoin
- Dehydrated skin wants to rejuvenate the skin.
- Even those who want to whiten and take care of their skin can use it.
Medik8 Hydr8 Hyaluronic Acid B5 Serum
Medik8 Hydr8 B5 Liquid Rehydration Serum is designed to be contained in a clear white glass bottle, with a simple black drop cap but with an elegant and gentle feeling. The cap of the product is a dropper pump head design like you often see in most special serums. The main color tone is just black and white, the outside is labeled with the brand logo and other basic information. With this design, it is easy to see the remaining amount of serum in the bottle clearly.
With a pretty list of ingredients, Medik8 serum has a clean, healthy formula and doesn’t contain fragrance, parabens, alcohol, phthalates or colorants. Perhaps this is the first issue you care about when choosing the right skin care product. Medik8 Hydr8 B5 Liquid Rehydration Serum contains Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Calcium Pantothenate Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, etc. . Besides, she also has the ability to prevent acne, reduce the size of pores. Serum Medik8 B5 is the right choice for you with sensitive skin, need healing, deep moisturizing after needle or laser.
Evaluate the pros and cons of B5 Medik8 Serum
– Product ingredients do not contain fragrance, parabens, alcohol, phthalates or colorants, so you can be assured of safety.
– Good moisturizing effect.
– Can replace moisturizers for those who live in hot weather.
– Product texture penetrates quickly into the skin, not sticky.
– Medik8 Serum is contained in a glass bottle, so be careful not to break it when using it.
– The price of the product is also a bit expensive compared to other B5 serums on the market.
Link to buy.
You’ve found out that Does Tretinoin treat Acne Scars and TOP B5 Serum recommended for your treatment. Thank you for visiting heresreview, hopefully, readers have been provided with useful information and follow the website to update more information about beauty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.8/ 5 (194 votes)