Tretinoin Obagi has been on the market for quite some time because of its amazing uses. Thanks to the composition that does not contain silicone, colorants, and fragrances, it will limit irritation to the skin. Why is Tretinoin Obagi so popular in beauty products? Let’s learn with heresreview through the blog about Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews, how to use Tretinoin Obagi effectively, guided by a dedicated dermatologist!
Learn more about the Tretinoin ingredient in Obagi Tretinoin Gel 0.05 Reviews
Tretinoin is a derivative of vitamin A, called a retinoid. It is a common ingredient in acne treatment regimens, belongs to the family of Retinoids and can affect the growth of skin cells. The concentration of Tretinoin available in cosmetics: 0.025% – 0.05% – 0.1%, cream, gel. Aqueous form0.05%, form using Microsphere technology (0.04%, 0.1%), emollient form (0.05%).
Tretinoin works strongly by speeding up the life cycle of the skin, causing cells to divide more quickly as new cells are produced, replacing old skin cells. This is a frequently used ingredient to treat acne, support the treatment of dark spots and melasma. Tretinoin also has the ability to fight the signs of aging very well.
For Obagi, the products focus on treating problems such as premature skin aging, skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne, etc. And this is also the pioneer cosmetic pharmaceutical company in combining Vitamin C.
Obagi’s famous product lines are the special Nu-derm product line for dark spots, Vitamin C Serum, Retinol and especially Tretinoin Obagi. You can learn more about Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews through the following blog “What is Obagi Tretinoin – Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews”
The main uses of Tretinoin in cosmetics
Acne treatment support
Scientists have extensively studied tretinoin for the treatment of acne and sun-damaged skin. According to a 2019 study, a lotion containing 0.05% tretinoin reduced inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne lesions in adolescents aged 12-18 years.
Another review found that topical and oral tretinoin was an effective treatment for inflammatory acne in adults and adolescents. Tretinoin has also been shown to be effective when used alone or in combination with other acne treatments, such as: Azelaic acid, Benzoyl peroxide, Clindamycin. You can learn more about acne treatments in Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews here.
Retinoids, such as tretinoin, help stimulate the production of skin cells. This accelerates the removal of dead skin cells and keeps pores clear of bacteria and other irritants.
Anti-aging and reduces signs of skin aging
- In the basal layer of the epidermis (epidermis consists of 5 layers): promotes the regeneration of young skin, which occurs faster than the natural cycle (average of about 28 days). When the new skin is produced in combination with the loosened horny cells on the surface, the process of shedding and excreting dead skin takes place more intensely.
- In the dermis: Tretinoin stimulates collagen and elastin production to make these fibers more dense and dense. According to a 2016 review, topical tretinoin increases collagen production and stimulates skin cell production. Both of these effects can help reduce wrinkles.
Thanks to the strong activity from the cell layers, Tretinoin helps the skin to be firm, elastic and reduce the signs of aging.
Treats hyperpigmentation & improves skin tone
By increasing the rate of keratinization, shedding dead cells and bringing the keratinization process back to the normal cycle, Tretinoin has the ability to treat hyperpigmentation conditions including melasma, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation. brown spots caused by the sun… Simultaneously brightens and evens out skin pigmentation, improves skin tone to become brighter, more radiant.
Skin recovery and regeneration
Tretinoin regulates keratinocyte differentiation, stimulating basal cells to differentiate into keratinocytes through the secretion of heparin-binding-epidermal cell growth factor (HB-EGF) from superior parietal keratinocytes. basal cell layer. Therefore, its effect is to stimulate the proliferation of basal and parabasal cells, making the epidermis thicker.
Due to the proliferation of the epidermis, Tretinoin works strongly to help repair the stratum corneum cells in the epidermis and contribute to the restoration of the skin’s natural moisture. In the dermis, Tretinoin helps to increase collagen, elastin elastic fibers, amino sugars and connective tissues to help restore the overall health of the skin.
[REVIEW] Obagi’s top 4 Tretinoin – Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews
Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.025% review for treating acne, pigmentation and aging skin
Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.025% is effective in eliminating blackheads, whiteheads, hidden acne, and preventing new acne from appearing effectively. In addition, it also helps to fade acne scars, improve wrinkles and skin pigmentation effectively. In the dermis, the cream stimulates the growth of collagen, elastin, amino sugars and connective tissues, so that the skin becomes firmer and more elastic.
- Moderate anti-aging.
- Improve rough skin surface, limit acne return.
- Acne treatment and moderate inflammation.
- Low irritation potential, can be used as a starter for those with sensitive skin.
Cons: High cost.
Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05% for treating acne, pigmentation and aging skin
Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.05% cream for treating acne, melasma, and aging skin 0.05% has the effect of eliminating blackheads, whiteheads, hidden acne, directly acting on acne spots, drying acne cores, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Support acne inflammation quickly, prevent overactive sebaceous glands and inhibit acne bacteria P – Acnes on the skin.
In addition, the cream also has the ability to reduce and prevent the formation of acne nodules. Accelerate the renewal of skin, prevent clogging of pores, help the surface of the skin become clear.
Stimulates the production of more collagen, restores the skin, promotes the growth of new skin cells, replenishes nutrients to nourish the skin soft, smooth, clear of acne and healthier every day. Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.05% is the right choice for people with acne, hidden acne, melasma, dark spots or aging skin.
- A concentration of 0.05% Tretinoin is ideal for treating acne.
- Controls acne well, unclogs pores.
- Improve wrinkles, acne scars, and pigmentation quickly. Strong anti-aging.
- Supports bright and smooth skin.
- Improve pores, reduce oil secretion.
- High price.
- 0.05% Tretinoin concentration can cause irritation if not used properly.
Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.1% review for treating acne, pigmentation and aging skin
Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.1% has the strongest concentration, specifically for skin that is used to using Tretinoin. The product provides antibacterial properties to the skin, cleans pores and controls sebum secretion effectively. Besides, the cream also inhibits pigment-producing cells, making the skin brighter and softer.
In addition, it also has the effect of stimulating cell division, renewing epidermal cells, stimulating the regeneration of connective tissue and inhibiting the formation of keratin. With acne, this cream has a direct and strong effect on acne spots, helps the process of drying acne, and heals the skin faster. Obagi Tretinoin Cream 0.1% is suitable for acne-prone skin or skin with pigmentation and freckles.
- The concentration of 0.1% Tretinoin is indicated for use on skin with melasma or other pigmentation problems.
- Inhibiting the root cells of pigmentation, helping to even out skin tone, supporting bright white skin.
- Exclude open comedones and microcysts, limit the return of acne. May be appropriate in certain skin that is healthy and unresponsive to 0.05% Tretinoin. Need advice from a dermatologist.
- Improves wrinkles and blemishes on the skin. Very strong anti-aging.
- High price.
- The high concentration of 0.1% Tretinoin is very irritating if not used properly.
Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews
Obagi Tretinoin 0.05% acne and pigmentation gel is the first product line prepared by Obagi in the form of a gel, thin and light, quickly absorbed into the skin, non-greasy and suitable for people with oily skin. In addition, it also acts directly on cell lysosomes, simultaneously releasing proteolytic and hydrolytic enzymes, eliminating acne, especially papules, pustules and preventing acne from returning.
Stimulates cell division and renewal of epidermal cells, regenerates connective tissue and inhibits keratin formation, skin rejuvenation, smooth and healthy skin care. Stimulate the production of Elastin and Collagen, restore lost collagen in the skin to smooth wrinkles, improve skin aging, nourish skin texture to become firm, elastic and smooth. In addition to the main ingredient is Tretinoin 0.05%, the product is added with hydrolyzed collagen peptide to bring better effects for nourishing and overcoming problems of acne, dark spots, roughness on the skin.
- Gel form absorbs quickly, less greasy than cream. Suitable for very oily skin.
- Effective anti-aging.
- Improve skin surface, limit acne return.
- Helps support even skin tone and smoothness.
- Good for acne and anti-inflammatory.
- High potential for skin irritation if not used properly.
- High price.
Link to buy
Experience of using Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews that you need to know
To ensure that the skin is not too irritated, you need to know the following experiences of using Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews! With proper use, you will quickly regain clean, healthy and bright skin!
Choose the right concentration
To ensure the safest for the skin, you should use Obagi Tretinoin with a concentration from low to high, respectively. It is recommended to use products from the lowest concentration of 0.025%, in combination with other skin-restoring products. This will have effective anti-acne and anti-aging effects.
In case your skin is too used to strong specific products, it is recommended to use Obagi Tretinoin with a high concentration of 0.1% first. When the skin is plump and bright as desired, you can gradually reduce the concentration to maintain the beauty of the skin.
When starting out, you should only use a pea-sized amount of Tretinoin cream. Please spread evenly over the entire face to let the cream cover a very thin layer, not a thick layer to avoid irritation. After time, when the skin gets used to the active ingredients in the cream, then you can gradually increase the dose. However, this is not necessary because the skin only needs such a small amount of cream to be cleaned very well.
Protect your skin from the sun
Absolutely do not skip sunscreen! When the skin is affected by Tretinoin, it becomes very sensitive to sunlight. UV rays are the leading cause of skin problems, aging and destroying the vitality of the skin. So make sure to wear sunscreen every day, especially when going outside!
Frequency of use
The most important Tretinoin Obagi experience that you need to remember is that you should only take Tretinoin once a day at night. Because skin with Tretinoin is quite sensitive to light and sunlight, please moisturize at night to absolutely protect the skin! And still need to pay attention that it is imperative to use sunscreen the next day!
Above is the entire experience of using Tretinoin Obagi with detailed Obagi Tretinoin reviews. Hopefully with these references, you can use Obagi’s Tretinoin properly, thereby regaining your skin’s radiance, smoothness, blemish-free, bright and vibrant skin!
Notes when combining BHA and Retinol
Besides the positive benefits, you should understand your skin type and health before using it, to avoid skin irritation and allergies. Here are some tips to help you reduce this risk when using BHA with Obagi Tretinoin gel 0.05 reviews:
- If you are just starting to use, you should choose products with a low concentration of 0.5% then gradually increase to 1%, 2%.
- Frequency of use of AHA/BHA is 2-3 times per week.
- Retinol should usually only be used at night. Retinol will be broken down and lose its effectiveness if exposed to strong light. Therefore, you should only use Retinol at night, preferably before turning off the lights to go to bed.
- Always moisturize the skin fully. Both BHA and retinol cause dryness, so you always need to be well-moisturized when using them.
- Sunscreen must be adequate for the skin when using BHA and Retinol. If you don’t want your skin to burn quickly when exposed to the sun, use sunscreen.
- BHA and Retinol should not be used before and after PEEL, LASER, or dermabrasion procedures.
- Do not use consecutive AHA/BHA, retinol. Wait for the active ingredients to penetrate the skin and let the skin rest for 10 – 30 minutes depending on the type of chemical exfoliator you use.
- Should test on the back of the hand first to check for irritation before use.
- Not for use by pregnant women.
Thank you for visiting heresreview, hopefully, readers have been provided with useful information and follow the website to update more information about beauty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.9/ 5 (164 votes)