Your skin is getting darker and rougher, although you have tried many ways still does not bring the desired results. Whether you have chosen the right product or have the right order of skincare. Follow the blog below to know what the basic order of skincare steps are and find out what is the key to effective skincare!
Order of Skincare Step 1: Makeup remover
What is makeup remover?
Makeup remover, also known as Micellar Water, is a specialized product used to remove, erase, and wash away dirt, makeup, … on the skin. This is used in conjunction with a cotton pad, which acts like a sponge, absorbing and removing layers of dirt and makeup from the skin.
Removal is an extremely important step in the skin care routine. Many people think that without makeup, makeup removal is superfluous and unnecessary. But that statement is incorrect.
Daily use of makeup remover helps your skin to be removed from makeup, excess sunscreen or dirt from the air. This step helps open pores to easily absorb nutrients from serums, masks, creams, etc. Therefore, makeup removal is the first step to clean the skin after a long day.
Choose the right makeup remover for your skin type
Currently, on the market, there are many different types of makeup removers from many different brands. But there are mainly 3 types of makeup remover: water, oil and wax. If you only apply sunscreen or leave your face bare, you should use a water-based makeup remover to gently remove sunscreen and dirt.
- Dry skin
If you have dry, flaky skin, makeup remover products with added moisturizing ingredients will be the ideal choice. You should pay attention to choosing products that are milk, cream or wax, because these types often have a dense base, which helps to retain moisture very well.
- Oily skin
According to the principle that oil will dissolve in oil, makeup remover products are the perfect choice for those of you who own this skin type. These products have the ability to both clean and retain moisture for the skin, limit moisture loss, and increase oil secretion to rebalance.
- Sensitive, acne-prone skin
This is a rather “uncomfortable” skin that is easily irritated, so when choosing a makeup remover, you should pay attention to the product ingredient list, do not choose the type that contains dry alcohol, fragrance, percentage of strong active ingredients, … You need to test the new product on a small area of your face before using it all over your face to make sure it’s safe.
Use makeup remover properly
Makeup removal for people without makeup
If you are a person who does not wear makeup, only using sunscreen and lipstick, the step of removing makeup only needs to be 3 simple steps.
- Step 1: put makeup remover on a cotton pad, steep the bottle about 3-4 times, wet the center of the cotton is enough.
- Step 2: Gently wipe the skin with cotton, wipe from the chin to the cheeks, from the middle of the forehead to the sides, from the sides of the nose to the ears. Pay attention to carefully remove makeup around the nose and eyes.
- Step 3: Rinse with clean water until the face is no longer greasy feeling of makeup remover.
Makeup removal after makeup
If you have makeup, whether heavy or light, the step of removing makeup needs to be thorough to completely clean the skin.
- Step 1: Keep the makeup in place, use oil/wax/makeup remover cream directly on the face, gently massage to wash away the makeup.
- Step 2: Wash your face with water until the oily layer on the skin is gone. If you use makeup remover oil, you must perform an additional step of emulsification with warm water, then rinse with normal water.
- Step 3: Use a cotton pad to soak up makeup remover and wipe your face like a makeup remover for people without makeup.
- Step 4: Wash your face thoroughly with cleanser.
Order of Skincare Step 2: Facial Cleanser
Using a cleanser is the second step in your skin care routine. After the makeup removal step, there may still be dirt on the skin that cannot be removed. Then face wash is the next step to completely remove dirt from the skin.
However, you must also choose the right cleanser for your skin condition to avoid irritation. If your skin has a lot of hidden acne, acne bran, blackheads, you can use a face wash containing ingredients such as BHA, AHA, tea tree oil… But if your skin is easily irritated, raised If you have acne, you should refer to gentle, low-foam cleansers.
Choose the right face wash
A good and suitable cleanser is the most essential step in order of skincare. Facial cleansers are classified into many different forms, each of which is suitable for certain skin types. Out of hundreds of brands on the market, which one is the best for your skin? The following shares will help you choose the right cleanser for your skin:
- Facial cleansers with too high pH (>7) are the culprits that destroy the natural protective moisture film on the skin, leading to dry, flaky skin, acne, allergies, redness… Types of facial cleansers Good products will have a pH in the range of 5.5-6.5 so as not to lose this natural film and still promote the cleansing feature of the cleanser.
- You just need to choose a cleanser that gently cleanses the skin from dirt and has a stable pH of 5.5-6.5 and mild moisture for the skin. You can also choose any type such as cream, foam or gel cleansers are suitable.
How to clean your face properly
- Step 1: Wash your hands with soap
- Step 2: Wet your face with warm water
- Step 3: Put a small amount of cleanser into your hand, create a rich lather first, then put it on your face and wash it gently
- Step 4: Use Hand gently massage in circles in the direction from the inside out and from the bottom up for about 60 seconds
- Step 5: Rinse your face with cold water
- Step 6: Use a clean towel or makeup remover to dry your face and proceed with the next order of skincare steps
Note: To optimize the effectiveness of facial cleansers, you can use foaming cotton balls, facial cleansers or other supporting products!
Step 3: Toner or Serum
Skin that is not clean but continues to take care of the skin is one of the main reasons why acne “protests” massively on your skin. After cleansing, you can choose to use toner or serum or both.
Toner helps the skin to be cleaned more deeply, softens the skin and helps the skin to avoid tightness after cleansing steps. And serum helps to improve dark spots, pigmentation, acne… depending on the use of each type. You can find the right products based on your skin condition.
How to use serum effectively
In order for the serum to get the most out of your skin care, you must use it correctly. Here are the steps in order of skincare to use the correct serum that you can refer to:
- Step 1: Clean your face (makeup remover, cleanser, toner) to help the nutrients in the serum penetrate into the skin quickly, preventing clogged pores, leading to the formation of inflammatory acne. Then use a soft towel to dry your face.
- Step 2: Put a few drops of serum on your face, apply evenly and gently massage to help the nutrients penetrate more deeply into the skin.
- Step 3: Wait for about 10 minutes for the serum to penetrate the skin, then apply a moisturizing cream or gel.
- Step 4: Apply sunscreen (this step is only done when you take care of your skin during the day)
Notes when using serum
Besides learning how to use serum properly, you should also note a few things when using this skin care product:
- Choose a serum that is suitable for your skin. Serums for dry skin should have a moisturizing effect and contain ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, vitamin E, and essential oils. For sensitive skin, serums should have a low concentration of nutrients. Serums for oily skin should have ingredients such as vitamin C, Glycolic Acid or Retinol… Acne skin should choose a serum that both exfoliates and nourishes the skin, containing ingredients such as vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin B5, Glycolic, Salicylic Acid.
- Do not apply too much serum because the skin cannot absorb all the nutrients. Which can waste or make the skin “overeating”, leading to many unwanted side effects.
- Different areas of skin should use different serums. For example, a serum for the neck and face area will be different from a serum for the eye area.
- Should massage the face gently when applying the serum to increase the skin care effect.
- If using the serum during the day, you should carefully protect your skin from the sun by: applying sunscreen, wearing a wide-brimmed hat, wearing sun-protective clothing, and wearing sunglasses.
- Not everyone can use a serum. The liquid or gel texture of serums may not be suitable for people with chronic skin conditions such as eczema or rosacea.
Order of Skincare Step 4: Moisturizer
If your skin doesn’t have many defects, you can skip step three to always use moisturizer. This helps the skin to be supplied with more nutrients and moisture. Moisturizing is one of the keys of the skincare process, enough moisture will make the skin surface smooth, shiny and full of life.
One note when choosing a moisturizer is product texture. If you have dry or normal skin, give preference to cream to both moisturize and hydrate. On the contrary, oily or acne-prone skin will be more suitable for gel cream or moisturizing gel because they do not cause skin congestion.
Moisturizers are usually divided into 2 types: day moisturizer and night moisturizer. The day moisturizer mainly has moisturizing and protective effects, while the night moisturizer works to care and nourish the skin. For skin under the age of 25, you may only need to use a moisturizer for the day, but if you have passed the age of 25, the advice for you is to take care of your skin thoroughly with both day moisturizer and night cream.
How to choose a moisturizer
- Choose a lighter moisturizer for the day and a thicker one for the night.
- Use a thicker cream for other body areas and a light moisturizer for your face.
- In the summer, the dry season needs to use a thicker moisturizer, and the wet season just uses a lighter moisturizer.
- If you have itchy or dry skin, you should use an ointment to better keep the skin moist. While the skin moisturizer form helps to hydrate, suitable for normal skin.
- While lotion is the lightest, this is a basic skin care product made up of oil and water (water is the main ingredient in this product) suitable for oily skin types.
Order of Skincare Step 5: Sunscreen
Many people mistakenly believe that sunscreen only needs to be applied when it is sunny or when going out. However, even when it’s shady, the UV rays still work normally, or the blue light rays emitted by computers and phones are also harmful to our skin.
Should you wear sunscreen indoor? Here is the answer!!
Note that when applying sunscreen, it must be applied to the entire face, neck, ears and must be reapplied every 2-3 hours (especially in summer or when swimming and exercising outdoors) to protect the skin effectively. And especially, you must choose a sunscreen suitable for your skin, with SPF 30 and PA +++ or higher.
See more: TOP 05+ Best Sunscreen For You in 2022
Above are simple basic order of skincare steps at home that anyone can apply. Protecting healthy skin not only helps you become beautiful and shining, but also increases your confidence in front of others. So, don’t forget to take care of and nourish your skin!
Thank you for visiting heresreview, hopefully, readers have been provided with useful information and follow the website to explore more information about beauty.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 / 5 (198 votes)